I know that I've been a less than consistent poster here lately but I really do have a couple dozen good excuses!
1. We are moving. That is, we hope it all works out. We waited 2 months to hear back on our offer as it is a short sale. Then after hearing back that they accepted our offer, we have to close by the 19th or be charged $50 a day. The thing is, it is kind of hard to close if the seller won't get his tukus out of the house because he's out of town on business, oh yeah, and by the way, he owes the neighbor lots of cash because they had a deal to share a pond and our seller apparently didn't pay his portion. Oh and the neighbor put a lien on the house, oh and the seller agreed to deed 2 acres of our property to the neighbor as payment but apparently wasn't going to tell us. I suppose he thought it would be our problem if we closed and didn't find out about it in time.
2. We have a rather large house, right now, which means an awful lot of packing.
3. We've lived in our house for 7 and 1/2 years and have accumulated a lot of (as Lou says)...C*R*A*P (because apparently a bad word isn't so bad if you just spell it.)
4. We have 4 children and home school our oldest.
5. We have 2 sons that are obsessed with dressing up in superhero/starwars character costumes which in and of itself isn't a problem. The problem is that I am picking up Darth Vader masks and Superman capes, light sabers and Spiderman's deflated body all day long when I'm supposed to be cleaning/packing.
6. SG has had a rash for almost a year that will NOT go away. It's a viral thing. Medicines so far haven't helped one iota. I know he will one day kill me for making that public knowledge but my point is that now we have to squeeze another doctor's appointment in today so that we can be referred to a dermatologist before we move and have to start the process of treatment all over with a new doctor in the big city.
7. Doc drives for a grand total of 2 hours and 20 minutes each day. That is a lot of time that could be used in other ways so it is a bit frustrating to him.
8. I'm sucked into my world of packing/cleaning out. Not a problem except that I am an all or nothing type of gal meaning if I'm ALL about packing, I'm doing NOTHING else...like laundry, or scrubbing toilets, etc. MUCH to Doc's chagrin. Poor guy. He did all the laundry this weekend because he's nice like that (and can multitask a little bit better than me, sometimes.)
9. The moving company lady came to the house yesterday. I told her that Doc's contract allowed for a certain dollar amount for moving expenses. She said we would be over that amount. We will be charged by weight on the truck so guess who will be doing a lot of heavy lifting. We will be shuttling the books, dishes, mirrors, mowers, and anything else that might be a bit on the heavy side. At least we don't have to move the furniture.
10. We are setting things aside for a MASSIVE garage sale. I detest garage sales.
11. McDonalds had the audacity to put Star Wars toys in its Happy Meals. Random, I know, but this now has "forced" me to purchase exactly 3 Happy Meals at least 2 times a week to avoid a mutiny. ("PUHLEEEESE, can't we just have Happy Meals today for lunch, PUHLEEEESE?")
In the interest of time and pure boredom on your part, I'll keep the rest of the excuses to myself. Just keep us in your prayers. Especially that our house here would sell quickly.
I promise I'll post more when I get a chance!