Things on my mind...
1. I caught 2 mice in the last 24 hours. I wonder how many are in a litter(?) because they were both the same size and little. I wonder how many more are scampering around in the basement. Eww. The timing is ironic because we just got two kittens who will be outdoor kitties which we acquired hoping to control the vermin around here. Unfortunately they aren't big enough to do anything about the mouse situation, yet.*
*I googled "how many mice in a litter" and the answer is not good. 8-12. Mice. In my house. Probably. I need more traps.
2. One of the mice was in Lou's room stuck on a spider trap. I'm going to buy some more today at Lowe's. They apparently catch more than spiders.
3. It took me 4 hours to clean out and re-think the laundry room. I actually WANT to be in there now, so I guess it was time well spent. The laundry has really been backing up lately.
I think it is time for new photos!
4. I'm going to run a 10 mile race November 20th with Rockstar, Pop and some other family members who are crazy enough to join us. That being said, I think I better cut back on the calories. Mama likes to eat. Last year we ran the 2 mile. You can read about that fun, here.
5. There used to be wild flowers growing along the back tree line. Doc never mowed them because he new I liked them. They were yellow. Were. The landscaper who is saving our lawn from becoming a river every time it rains had to cut them down yesterday. I'm sad. It was like having fresh flowers from my hubby everyday when I looked out the window. But maybe we won't be able to tube through the yard next time it rains.
6. Speaking of tubing, we are going to the lake this weekend for a family get together. It should be fun, but I'm not much of a fan of 100 degree heat.
7. Cleaning out one section of the house inevitably leads to another. I have also cleaned out the pantry and have started on the storage room. The storage room is going to take a while.
8. The kids are crazy today and Doc is going on a pre-family gathering fishing trip tonight with my brother in law. May be a long day. How early is too early for bedtime?
9. I LOVE the photos that Rockstar took of our family. I put my favorite one in the laundry room to help me remember that when I am folding clothes and doing other chores, it speaks love to my honey and my babies.
10. My sister in law is awesome. I did some computer work for her and she cleaned my house. She loves to clean and organize. I love her to clean and organize. It works out well.
11. Today I am going to finish my pillows that were inspired by this post. I love them and they feel like I want my house to feel. Comfortable, cozy and cheery! The quilt is the front and the denim is the back! I got the quilt top at an antique store already put together. I love it when the hard work is done for you!
12. Farm Chick and EJ are leaving for take two of their cruise today. The first one was canceled while they waited at the airport. You can read that story here. Have fun, you two!!